PLEASE NOTE THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR THE REGION III FULL LENGTH AWARD HAS NOW PASSED.
PLEASE USE THIS LINK ONLY TO SUBMIT A FULL LENGTH WORK THAT WAS ENTERED AS AN ASSOCIATE OR PARTICIPATING ENTRY FOR CONSIDERATION FOR THE KCACTF NATIONAL MICHAEL KANIN PLAYWRITING AWARDS (SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION). THE DEADLINE FOR ALL NATIONAL AWARDS IS DECEMBER 1.
A full-length play is longer than one hour in playing time.
There are TWO opportunities for playwrights to submit full-length plays in Region III:
REGION III FULL LENGTH PLAY AWARD - If your play has NOT been entered as either an associate or participating production, it is eligible for the Region III full-length play award. One full-length play will be chosen for a script-in-hand reading at the Region III festival. In addition to the general guidelines for all submissions, please note the following additional guidelines for full-length plays:
- Running time for the play must be longer than 60 minutes.
- If selected, the playwright is expected to attend the regional festival where the play will be given a script-in-hand reading. If the playwright cannot attend the festival his/her play will still be eligible for the Michael Kanin Playwriting Awards, provided that the play has been either produced by a college or university, or publicly presented in a "rehearsed" or "staged reading" format following a significant development process. This reading can occur at their home school or at the regional festival (either is acceptable).
- If chosen to participate in the Region III festival, the playwright may choose to bring their own director and cast, or s/he can choose to have a director assigned and a cast selected from among the actors who audition for the ten-minute play readings on the Wednesday afternoon of the festival.
- The selected play will automatically become eligible for all national awards for full-length plays from the KCACTF (The Michael Kanin Playwriting Awards Program), except the National Student Playwriting Award, which must be awarded to a play entered as a participating production.
- The deadline for submission for the Region III full length award is November 1, 2017.
KCACTF NATIONAL MICHAEL KANIN PLAYWRITING AWARDS - If your play was entered as either an associate or participating production in the region, it is NOT eligible for the Region III award but it is still eligible for several National awards. You can read more about these categories here: http://www.kcactf.org/kanin-playwriting/index.html#ewpopup/0/
To submit a play for consideration for one or more of the national awards, use this submission tool and check which category you would like the play to be considered for.
The deadline for submission for the national awards is December 1, 2017.
NOTE: Full length plays must also be submitted directly to Gregg Henry at the National Office:
If you have any questions regarding full-length play submissions please contact Andrew Morton, Region III National Playwriting Program Chair at: firstname.lastname@example.org